Dynamic, Visible, Interactive, Proactive and Sustainable Museums.
To establish, develop and manage dynamic and sustainable national museums for the preservation and interpretation of movable heritage for the benefit of present and future generations.
WHAT MUSEUMS DO
- Conduct research in order to generate new knowledge.
- Collect, document and preserve movable heritage for present and future generations
- Educate the public about heritage through exhibitions and other public programmes.
- Serve as resource centers for research into and study of Zambia’s heritage.
- Serve as community centers for the study, display and expression of cultural heritage.
- Promote tourism by serving as cultural tourism destinations