The museum has two permanent exhibitions namely: The Ethnography Gallery and the Archaeology (Pre-History)/History Gallery.
The museum has undertaken research in the following areas:
- The Second World War Polish Refugee Camp in Mbala
- The traditional 'Mbusa' collection in the mitigation of HIV/AIDS
- Malwilo/Kamba Hill battle fields in the 1st World War.
- Zambian Legends
- The temporary exhibition on the Mbusa and vilengo in the mitigation of the HIV/AIDS
- The temporary exhibition, on little Poland and Kamba and Malwilo First World War Fortifications
The museum in its storeroom has about 15,000 artifacts divided into Ethnographical, Archaeological, Historical and Natural History.
- The museum put up temporary exhibitions on the Ethno tourism of the Mambwe Lungu during the Mutomolo ceremony in June, 2013 on the shores of Lake Chila.
- The Museum will also exhibited at the Provincial Agriculture Invest and Tourism Show in Kasama under the theme "Business in a changing Environment".
INTERNATIONAL MUSEUMS DAY: International Museums Day (IMD) is celebrated every year international under a theme determined by International Council of Museum (ICOM). This is one day during the year where tourists and the general public visit the museum at no cost. Other activities are displayed on this day in line with the theme of the year
- The Ethno Tourism of the three villages near the museum (ST. Paul's, Londe and Luse Lwa Mfumu)
- The sermi Permanent Exhibition on Zambian legends and Icons
- Foodballers, (new acquisitions)
The museum has a number of facilities within its vicinity for public convenience such as:
- Spacious car park
- Crafts shop
- Culture Village Centre
- Educational Hall
- Modern Public Conveniences